- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C1000 Typhoon FGR4 Ceramic - RAF Version
DescriptionInspired by the RAF's FGR4 Typhoon fighter jet, this is one Christopher's Ward's most advanced aviation timepieces.
Powered by a modified version of ETA's 7750 chronograph movement, the watch is our first to have a high-tech ceramic case, making it both light and virtually indestructible. Built around a titanium sub-frame for additional strength, the ceramic is seven times stronger than steel.
The SuperLuminova numerals of the charcoal dial are based on those used for the Typhoon's Head Up Display (HUD), while the chronograph eyes have been indented with the shape of the plane's after-burners.
You might not be a fighter pilot, but you can still wear this watch and dream!
MovementDeveloped in 1974 by movement maker, Valjoux, the 7750 has been the most widely used mechanical chronograph movement ever since.
One of the first movements to be designed by computer, the 7750 only winds in one direction and this, combined with the heavily weighted rotor arm, gives the movement a singular sound, produces a feeling that the watch is 'alive' on the wrist.
It's a legend - and rightly so.
- Diameter: 42mm
- Calibre: ETA 7750 (modified)
- Case: Ceramic and Titanium
- Water resistance: 5atm/50 metres
- Strap: High density webbing
- Dial colour: Charcoal black
- Lug to Lug: 52mm
- Swiss Made
- Customised self-winding automatic chronograph
- Hour/Min chronograph function
- 42 hour power reserve
- Ceramic case with titanium sub-frame, crown and pushers
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal with museum-grade AR08 coating to both sides
- After-burner detailing on dial and crown
- Low visibility RAF roundel at 6 O'clock
- Typhoon delta wing designed stop-second hand
- SuperLuminova indexes and hands with blue emission
- Highly detailed, deep-etched Typhoon medallion on case back
- Individually engraved serial number
- High density webbing strap with titanium buckle
- Beautiful presentation case, owner's handbook and microfibre cleaning cloth